Take back the outdoors with treatment for bee sting allergy in Moorpark CA.
Is fear of bee sting allergy in Moorpark CA preventing you from enjoying outdoor activities? Simply visit Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology Medical Group, receive expert help with your bee sting allergy, and you will be able to enjoy greater peace of mind while outdoors.
Symptoms of Bee Sting Allergy in Moorpark CA
For most people, a bee sting will just cause a small, painful red bump. But for about 2 million Americans the reaction will be more severe. So how do you tell if you are having a normal reaction or an allergic one? For a start, check for the following possible symptoms of a bee sting allergy in Moorpark CA:
- Itching or hives beyond the site of the sting
- Swelling of the throat or tongue
- Difficulty breathing
- Stomach cramps
- Nausea or diarrhea
- Loss of consciousness
The best way to confirm your bee sting allergy is to get allergy skin testing from a qualified allergy doctor. We only use testing methods that have been approved by the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology so you know the process will be safe.
Treating Bee Sting Allergy
Because some individuals will experience more severe reactions each time they are stung, it is naturally very important to learn how to manage bee sting allergy in Moorpark CA. The caring allergists at Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology Medical Group can help you create a treatment plan incorporating the following 3 options.
- Avoid: The first option to managing bee sting allergy is simply to avoid bees. This doesn’t necessarily mean you have to stay indoors all the time. We can help you understand how to get along with bees and reduce your risk of a sting.
- Prepare: We can also help you understand what to do in the event that a bee sting does occur. For patients with severe allergies we can prescribe epinephrine, which can be taken immediately after a sting to prevent allergy symptoms from interfering with your breathing.
- Prevent: Another option is to actually prevent severe allergic reactions to bee stings by using immunotherapy to reduce your sensitivity to bee venom. The treatment involves regular injections of a small amount of bee venom over the course of several years. This incremental exposure helps your body build a natural immunity much the way a course of vaccine injections would.
Ready to Learn More?
To learn more about how our allergists can help you with bee sting allergy in Moorpark CA, please contact us at 805-658-9500. We’ll be happy to schedule an appointment for you.