Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Medical Group cares about the health and well-being of our patients, employees, and our community. This is our top priority. We understand the concern and uncertainty you may be experiencing surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and we are committed to being responsive to the needs of our patients as the situation evolves.
We would like to reassure you that although we already utilize standard disease control precautions as outlined by the CDC, we are currently exceeding these precautions to further help prevent the spread of this virus and maintain a safe environment for you.
At this time, our office remains open for scheduled appointments and for allergy shots following special protocols. Allergy shot hours and office hours will remain the same as usual for now.
We will be listening to the recommendations of local and state health authorities, and we will advise you of any changes to our schedule.
To help protect the safety of all our patients and staff, we ask anyone that currently feels ill to please reschedule your appointment and to call your primary physician. This is especially true if you have a fever, new cough, or shortness of breath; especially if you have had any of these symptoms in the last 48 hours.
Please also reschedule your appointment if you have traveled outside the United States in the last two weeks to an area affected by the coronavirus disease. This includes Europe and Asia.
PLEASE READ – changes to office policy
- We are trying to minimize the number of patients and time spent in the waiting room
- Patients aged 65 and over SHOULD NOT come into the office for routine allergy injections or office visits, until further notice
- Biologic Injections are the exception
- We are going to move forward with Tele-health appointments (secure Video conferencing) and hope to have this option starting the week of March 23, 2020
- Testing appointments will still be scheduled, but may be limited
- 30 MINUTE WAITING TIME FOR ALL TYPES OF SHOTS
- Once the shot is given, the Patient will be asked to set a timer on their phone and wait 30 minutes in the car, or in the hallway outside the office
- Once 30 minutes is over, send a TEXT MESSAGE to 805-658-9500 stating “Full Name” is okay. It is your responsibility to inform us.
- Building up on shots will now be EVERY 10 DAYS
- No more 1-2 times per week build up; until further notice
THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING DURING THIS DIFFICULT TIME