Hablamos Español

Learn How We Can Diagnose and Treat Eosinophilic Esophagitis

Learn How We Can Diagnose and Treat Eosinophilic Esophagitis

Eosinophilic Esophagitis, or EoE, is an allergic immune condition that can have a negative impact on the esophagus. Keep reading to learn more about it and how we might be able to treat it. Then contact Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Medical Group at 805-658-9500 to make an appointment with an experienced allergist.

The Basics of EoE

A person who has EoE will develop a large amount of white blood cells in the tissue of the esophagus. This can cause narrowing of the esophagus enough that the person experiencing the condition finds it difficult or even impossible to swallow food.

The Difficulty of Having EoE Diagnosed

This is an immune condition, and it most often occurs in atopic people. As a result, it essential to visit an experienced allergist and immunologist who has dealt with this issue in the past. Note that when we use the term “atopic,” we are referring to a person who has both a family history of allergies along with one allergic disorder like a food allergy, allergic asthma, or hay fever.

When you choose to work with Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Medical Group, you are working with an allergist who can offer allergy testing to ensure that all potential allergic triggers of EoE are tested for. This includes both food allergies and environmental allergies. This is essential information that will help create the best possible treatment plan.

Treating EoE

If we diagnose you with EoE, we must then address not just the reflux that is causing you discomfort but the concomitant allergy symptoms along with their triggers. We will prescribe a treatment based on your specific needs. This will generally involve proton pump inhibitors and topical steroids. We can also help you set up a trial elimination diet to determine what food allergies could be triggering the issue.

Your General Practitioner is Just That – General

Do not be surprised if you go to your general practitioner (GP) for help with the symptoms that come with EoE and are not diagnosed correctly. The truth is that your GP is just that – general. They are there to help treat you for common illnesses and conditions. When it comes to a less common disorder such as EoE, they are often not trained to diagnose or treat them. That is why you should go directly to an immunologist and allergist who specializes.

Call Us Today to Get the Relief You Need

Are you ready to learn how we can help you find the relief needed for you to feel your best? Then we recommend contacting Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Medical Group at 805-658-9500 today. We are standing by to find the right solution to the symptoms you are dealing with today. Call now and let us get you an appointment as soon as possible.