Dealing with allergies can be a
difficult situation. Most people think of allergies as nothing more
than having the sniffles or sneezing more than normal, but a person
who truly suffers
from allergies knows that the symptoms can ruin a person’s
life. At Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Medical Group we are glad to be able to offer our patients a
variety of FDA-approved
Biologics that can help. Call us now at 805-658-9500 to find out if
any of these treatments may help you.
What Are Biologics?
First, let us be sure we are on the same page re: the definition of Biologics. They are a category of medication that helps to both treat and prevent allergy systems. They work by interrupting the body’s immune response. We offer five options, all of which can give targeted therapy for difficult to control allergies. These are all approved by the FDA to be safe and effective.
- Dupixent If you are dealing with skin lesions and chronic inflammation caused by eczema or severe atopic dermatitis, Dupiexent may be the right option for you. One of the reasons our patients appreciate this medication is because it can be delivered via self-administrated injections in their own homes.
- Nucala Injections If you currently have eosinophilic asthma, or you are diagnosed with it, Nucala injections may be the best option to prevent you from having severe asthma attacks. This is a treatment that does not replace your current medications for asthma but actually is used in addition to it.
- Xolair Injections For these dealing with severe allergic asthma and/or chronic idiopathic urticaria (otherwise known as hives), Xolair is approved for use by the FDA for both adults and kids. When you work with Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Medical Group, we can determine if this is the right treatment for you or your family.
- Conqair This is another treatment that is added to other treatment options. It is only recommended for patients over the age of 18 and for those who already have elevated eosinophil levels. It can help to prevent severe asthma attacks and works to help improve breathing too.
- Fasenra This medication actually directly attacks eosinophils. As a result, Fasenra can help boost lung function overall. It also works to lower the chances of severe asthma attacks by as much as 51%. It is also recommended only for patients who are at last 12 years old.
We Will Help You Find the Right Treatment for
Will one of the five listed treatments
be the right one for you? Or is there another treatment that you can
most benefit from? The first step in determining the answer to that
question is to contact Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Medical Group at 805-658-9500 to make an appointment.