Take back the outdoors with treatment for bee sting allergy in Ventura CA.
For individuals with bee sting allergy in Ventura CA, a walk in the park feels more risky than relaxing. It doesn’t have to be this way. Simply visit Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology Medical Group, receive expert help with your bee sting allergy, and you will be able to enjoy greater peace of mind while outdoors.
Symptoms of Bee Sting Allergy in Ventura CA
Everyone will have some kind of reaction to the venom in a bee sting. So how you do you tell if you are truly allergic to bees or just having a normal reaction? Ask yourself whether you have had any of these symptoms that affect individuals with bee sting allergy in Ventura CA:
- Itching or hives beyond the site of the sting
- Swelling of the throat or tongue
- Difficulty breathing
- Stomach cramps
- Nausea or diarrhea
- Loss of consciousness
If you experience any of these symptoms, it would be wise to have your allergy confirmed with a skin test in our office. The test takes just 15 minutes and is virtually painless.
Treating Bee Sting Allergy
If you have bee sting allergy in Ventura CA, you should not just ignore the situation. Even if your symptoms were mild the last time you were stung, they will likely get more severe with each future sting. At Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology Medical Group, our experienced physicians can help you use the following 3 strategies to stay safe and healthy.
- Avoid: The first option to managing bee sting allergy is simply to avoid bees. We can provide practical advice on avoidance that will help you avoid provoking any bees you may happen to encounter.
- Prepare: We can also help you understand what to do in the event that a bee sting does occur. We recommend wearing a medical alert bracelet that can alert others to your needs and getting an epinephrine kit that can be used in case of anaphylactic shock.
- Prevent: We also offer immunotherapy to actually help prevent severe reactions to bee venom from occurring in the first place. After completing 3 to 5 years of bee sting allergy shots, many patients successfully reduce their risk of a future allergic episode from 60 percent to as little as 5 percent.
Ready to Learn More?
To learn more about how our allergists can help you with bee sting allergy in Ventura CA, please contact us at 805-658-9500. We’ll be happy to schedule an appointment for you.