Take back the outdoors with treatment for bee sting allergy in Somis CA.
For individuals with bee sting allergy in Somis CA, a walk in the park feels more risky than relaxing. It doesn’t have to be this way. Simply visit Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology Medical Group, receive expert help with your bee sting allergy, and you will be able to enjoy greater peace of mind while outdoors.
Symptoms of Bee Sting Allergy in Somis CA
Everyone will have some kind of reaction to the venom in a bee sting. So how you do you tell if you are truly allergic to bees or just having a normal reaction? Ask yourself whether you have had any of these symptoms that affect individuals with bee sting allergy in Somis CA:
- Itching or hives beyond the site of the sting
- Swelling of the throat or tongue
- Difficulty breathing
- Stomach cramps
- Nausea or diarrhea
- Loss of consciousness
If you experience any of these symptoms, it would be wise to have your allergy confirmed with a skin test in our office. We only use testing methods that have been approved by the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology so you know the process will be safe.
Treating Bee Sting Allergy
Because some individuals will experience more severe reactions each time they are stung, it is naturally very important to learn how to manage bee sting allergy in Somis CA. At Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology Medical Group, our experienced physicians can help you use the following 3 strategies to stay safe and healthy.
- Avoid: One part of your bee sting allergy management strategy should simply be to avoid getting into a situation where you might get stung. This doesn’t necessarily mean you have to stay indoors all the time. We can help you understand how to get along with bees and reduce your risk of a sting.
- Prepare: We can also help you understand what to do in the event that a bee sting does occur. We recommend wearing a medical alert bracelet that can alert others to your needs and getting an epinephrine kit that can be used in case of anaphylactic shock.
- Prevent: Immunotherapy is an incredibly effective option for individuals who want to reduce their sensitivity to bee venom and prevent severe reactions. This treatment requires a significant commitment, as you will have to undergo allergy shots for years in order to safely build up a tolerance to the venom, but it has been proven to reduce the risk of a future allergic episode significantly.
Ready to Learn More?
If you are interested in learning more about testing, management, or treatment of bee sting allergy in Somis CA, please call 805-658-9500 now for an appointment.