Take back the outdoors with treatment for bee sting allergy in Port Hueneme CA.
Is fear of bee sting allergy in Port Hueneme CA preventing you from enjoying outdoor activities? Come to Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology Medical Group and our caring allergists will help you learn to manage your bee sting allergy so you can enjoy outdoor activities without fear.
Symptoms of Bee Sting Allergy in Port Hueneme CA
Everyone will have some kind of reaction to the venom in a bee sting. So how do you tell if you are having a normal reaction or an allergic one? For a start, check for the following possible symptoms of a bee sting allergy in Port Hueneme CA:
- Itching or hives beyond the site of the sting
- Swelling of the throat or tongue
- Difficulty breathing
- Stomach cramps
- Nausea or diarrhea
- Loss of consciousness
The best way to confirm your bee sting allergy is to get allergy skin testing from a qualified allergy doctor. The process is quick and safe.
Treating Bee Sting Allergy
If you have bee sting allergy in Port Hueneme CA, you should not just ignore the situation. Even if your symptoms were mild the last time you were stung, they will likely get more severe with each future sting. The caring allergists at Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology Medical Group can help you create a treatment plan incorporating the following 3 options.
- Avoid: One part of your bee sting allergy management strategy should simply be to avoid getting into a situation where you might get stung. We can provide practical advice on avoidance that will help you avoid provoking any bees you may happen to encounter.
- Prepare: We can also help you understand what to do in the event that a bee sting does occur. For patients with severe allergies we can prescribe epinephrine, which can be taken immediately after a sting to prevent allergy symptoms from interfering with your breathing.
- Prevent: Immunotherapy is an incredibly effective option for individuals who want to reduce their sensitivity to bee venom and prevent severe reactions. The treatment involves regular injections of a small amount of bee venom over the course of several years. This incremental exposure helps your body build a natural immunity much the way a course of vaccine injections would.
Ready to Learn More?
If you are interested in learning more about testing, management, or treatment of bee sting allergy in Port Hueneme CA, please call 805-658-9500 now for an appointment.