Take back the outdoors with treatment for bee sting allergy in Oxnard CA.
Are you afraid to enjoy the outdoors because of your bee sting allergy in Oxnard CA? You don’t have to be. Simply visit Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology Medical Group, receive expert help with your bee sting allergy, and you will be able to enjoy greater peace of mind while outdoors.
Symptoms of Bee Sting Allergy in Oxnard CA
Everyone will have some kind of reaction to the venom in a bee sting. So how do you tell if you are having a normal reaction or an allergic one? Look for the following symptoms that characterize a bee sting allergy in Oxnard CA:
- Itching or hives beyond the site of the sting
- Swelling of the throat or tongue
- Difficulty breathing
- Stomach cramps
- Nausea or diarrhea
- Loss of consciousness
If you experience any of these symptoms, it would be wise to have your allergy confirmed with a skin test in our office. The process is quick and safe.
Treating Bee Sting Allergy
If you have bee sting allergy in Oxnard CA, you should not just ignore the situation. Even if your symptoms were mild the last time you were stung, they will likely get more severe with each future sting. The caring allergists at Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology Medical Group can help you create a treatment plan incorporating the following 3 options.
- Avoid: The first option to managing bee sting allergy is simply to avoid bees. We can provide practical advice on avoidance that will help you avoid provoking any bees you may happen to encounter.
- Prepare: Because bee sting reactions can be quite serious, it is important to know how to react if you do get stung. For patients with severe allergies we can prescribe epinephrine, which can be taken immediately after a sting to prevent allergy symptoms from interfering with your breathing.
- Prevent: We also offer immunotherapy to actually help prevent severe reactions to bee venom from occurring in the first place. The treatment involves regular injections of a small amount of bee venom over the course of several years. This incremental exposure helps your body build a natural immunity much the way a course of vaccine injections would.
Ready to Learn More?
To learn more about how our allergists can help you with bee sting allergy in Oxnard CA, please contact us at 805-658-9500. We’ll be happy to schedule an appointment for you.