Take back the outdoors with treatment for bee sting allergy in Fillmore CA.
Is fear of bee sting allergy in Fillmore CA preventing you from enjoying outdoor activities? Come to Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology Medical Group and our caring allergists will help you learn to manage your bee sting allergy so you can enjoy outdoor activities without fear.
Symptoms of Bee Sting Allergy in Fillmore CA
Everyone will have some kind of reaction to the venom in a bee sting. So how do you tell if you are having a normal reaction or an allergic one? For a start, check for the following possible symptoms of a bee sting allergy in Fillmore CA:
- Itching or hives beyond the site of the sting
- Swelling of the throat or tongue
- Difficulty breathing
- Stomach cramps
- Nausea or diarrhea
- Loss of consciousness
If you experience any of these symptoms, it would be wise to have your allergy confirmed with a skin test in our office. The test takes just 15 minutes and is virtually painless.
Treating Bee Sting Allergy
If you have bee sting allergy in Fillmore CA, you should not just ignore the situation. Even if your symptoms were mild the last time you were stung, they will likely get more severe with each future sting. At Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology Medical Group, we have over 35 years of experience helping individuals successfully manage bee sting allergy using the following 3 strategies.
- Avoid: The first option to managing bee sting allergy is simply to avoid bees. This doesn’t necessarily mean you have to stay indoors all the time. We can help you understand how to get along with bees and reduce your risk of a sting.
- Prepare: We can also help you understand what to do in the event that a bee sting does occur. We recommend wearing a medical alert bracelet that can alert others to your needs and getting an epinephrine kit that can be used in case of anaphylactic shock.
- Prevent: We also offer immunotherapy to actually help prevent severe reactions to bee venom from occurring in the first place. This treatment requires a significant commitment, as you will have to undergo allergy shots for years in order to safely build up a tolerance to the venom, but it has been proven to reduce the risk of a future allergic episode significantly.
Ready to Learn More?
If you are interested in learning more about testing, management, or treatment of bee sting allergy in Fillmore CA, please call 805-658-9500 now for an appointment.